Archaeological findings prove settlement of the land already back in 4 B.C. Several manors stood in both villages in medieval times. The first written reference to present day Hlušice dates back to 1322. Albrecht Kapoun, who built a fortress in Hlušice, was the Burgrave of Prague Castle from 1557 to 1569 and later on the Burgrave of the Hradec Region. An Early Baroque chateau was created by reconstructing the rundown fortress at the turn of the 18th century. In 1778, Emperor Joseph II lived in the old chateau for six weeks, during the battle over Bavarian heirloom. In 1749, the chateau chapel was built in the park. After renovations in 1902-1903, the present church of St. Wenceslas was transformed.

Virtual tour

rop eu