The first owner of the municipality in 1297 was Všeslav of Zachrašťan. Following that, it was transferred into the ownership of the laird Čeňek Šesták and then to his son Jan. In the 15th century, Káranice and several neighbouring municipalities belonged to Unk Přestavlcky, Dobřan of Kochovice and Vaňek Kovalcov. The municipality was connected to the Chlumec estate until the feudal order ceased to exist in the middle of the 19th century. The estate was then transferred to the ownership of the royal crown and in 1790, Joseph II granted permission to divide large estates and have migrants settle in them.

Virtual tour

rop eu