Kobylice

Kobylice are one of the oldest establishments in the district of Hradec Králové. The first written reference to the municipality is from 1086, when Kobylice belonged to the St. George’s Monastery in Prague. Another written record of the municipality dates back to 1393 in the Nový Bydžov Book of Conscious. In archive records we can read that the municipality was devastated after the Thirty Years War. In 1676, the municipality was sold to the Benedictine Order in Broumov, which colonised the municipality with German settlers (see the Theresian Land Register from 1713) and established “Nový dvůr” (New Court). This court was plotted in 1786 and the new municipality Opatov, which is a part of the municipality Kobylice, was established on the plots of land.

Virtual tour

Events calendar

(Česko zpívá koledy)

Masarykovo náměstí (Nový Bydžov)
12/9/2020 18:00 - 19:00

(Kantoři - vánoční koncert)

Jirásek Theatre (Nový Bydžov)
12/13/2020 17:00

(V listí - vernisáž výstavy)

Jirásek Theatre (Nový Bydžov)
12/15/2020 18:15

rop eu