coat of arms of the municipality Petrovice


Chronicles state the beginnings of the establishment of the municipality Petrovice were around 1350, when the parish church of St. Wenceslas stood here. The first lords of Petrovice were 2 brothers, Jan and Gothard. The name Petrovice was created based on the founders of it as “village of the Petrs”. The municipality is located 11 km northeast of Nový Bydžov. The focal point of the municipality is the church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary, which is listed as a national heritage site.

Mounds from Pagan times remain preserved east of the municipality in the so-called Parish Forest.

Virtual tour

rop eu