coat of arms of the municipality Písek

Písek

A fortress once stood in the village, of which only the brick foundation remains today. In 1386, Kuneš of Písek was owner of it. No word on Písek exists until the middle of the 15th century. In 1429, the village belonged to the Přestavlks. Písek was transferred to the ownership of the estate of Jan of Pernštejn in 1547, who added the village to Chlumec castle. In the past, locals were suppressed. Not even draining the surrounding ponds in the middle of the 19th century helped the social relationships among “small” people, who continued to be dependent on services at the manor.

Virtual tour

Events calendar

(Slavnosti vína v divadle)

Jirásek Theatre (Nový Bydžov)
9/25/2021 10:00 - 18:00

(Šípková Růženka)

Jirásek Theatre (Nový Bydžov)
11/28/2021 16:00

(4 tenoři - novoroční koncert)

Jirásek Theatre (Nový Bydžov)
12/9/2021 19:00

rop eu