coat of arms of the municipality Prasek

Prasek

The first written record of the municipality dates back to 1311. In 1325, Jan Lucemburský donated the recently established town Nový Bydžov, along with surrounding villages (also with Prasek) to Benešov of Vartemberk. In 1516, Vilém of Pernštejn purchased the goods of Nový Bydžov. In 1549, the town of Nový Bydžov purchased it back from his heirs. As Nový Bydžov was in urgent need of cash for buying itself out of serfdom, it sold the estate in Prasek to Adam Slatinsky of Hostovice in 1575. In 1611, it bought back the estate, however, the estate was seized after Battle of White Mountain and was administrated by the royal chamber until 1628. In 1628, the estate in Prasek is returned to the town of Nový Bydžov and remains with it until 1848. During Raab’s reforms in 1783, the Prasek manor was divided up among lacklands. The chapel built in Neo-Gothic style is from 1900.

Virtual tour

Events calendar

(Česko zpívá koledy)

Masarykovo náměstí (Nový Bydžov)
12/9/2020 18:00 - 19:00

(Kantoři - vánoční koncert)

Jirásek Theatre (Nový Bydžov)
12/13/2020 17:00

(V listí - vernisáž výstavy)

Jirásek Theatre (Nový Bydžov)
12/15/2020 18:15

rop eu