coat of arms of the municipality Převýšov

Převýšov

The first written mention of the municipality is from 1386 during the rule of Wenceslas IV. At the time, according to the predicate a fortress already stood here about 800 m away from Cidlina River. The fortress was situated in a slight valley between the hill Vinice and the forest called Víno nearby the spring. The property was owned by numerous lords, among the most significant being the Pernštejn and Kinsky families. Převýšov belonged under the Chlumec estate. In the first half of the 16th century, Vojtěch of Pernštejn had vineyards established on the southern arenaceous marl hillsides. Cultivation and production of wine ended here during the Thirty Years War. A map from 1740 shows the relocation of the municipality northwest by 500 m and marked as Nová Ves (Prebejsskow). In the second half of the 19th century, construction of the railway from Velké Osek to Chlumce nad Cidlinou and Hradce Králové was a considerable help to the municipality.
Among points of interest in the municipality is the 4th oldest monumental tree in East Bohemia, a summer oak, which stands in the forest Víno. It is estimated to be about 300 years old.

Virtual tour

Events calendar

(Česko zpívá koledy)

Masarykovo náměstí (Nový Bydžov)
12/9/2020 18:00 - 19:00

(Kantoři - vánoční koncert)

Jirásek Theatre (Nový Bydžov)
12/13/2020 17:00

(V listí - vernisáž výstavy)

Jirásek Theatre (Nový Bydžov)
12/15/2020 18:15

rop eu