Šaplava

The first written reference to the municipality is from 1381. In 1402–1407, the municipality was connected to Beneš of Šaplava and in 1447–1454 Jan Šaplavsky is mentioned. The fortress in Šaplava is not mentioned until the end of the 16th century. The fortress once stood on the southwest side of the municipality and nothing remains of it today. The builder of the fortress was apparently Jiří Ostroměřský. The municipality Šaplava is established in terms of type, like Okrouhlice. In the 18th century, the municipality grew considerably and a school was established in Šaplavěain 1775. At the time, the main source of income in the Nový Bydžov area was weaving.

Virtual tour

Events calendar

(Česko zpívá koledy)

Masarykovo náměstí (Nový Bydžov)
12/9/2020 18:00 - 19:00

(Kantoři - vánoční koncert)

Jirásek Theatre (Nový Bydžov)
12/13/2020 17:00

(V listí - vernisáž výstavy)

Jirásek Theatre (Nový Bydžov)
12/15/2020 18:15

rop eu