coat of arms of the municipality Skřivany

Skřivany

The territory of the municipality Skřivany was already inhabited in prehistoric times. Findings from the Early Stone Age and the Bronze Age are placed in the museum in Nový Bydžov. However, the first written mention of the village is from 1360, but historian J. V. Šimák identified Skřivany with the bridges Křivec on the Cidlina River (with pontes CRIUCI). They are mentioned in the Czech Kosmoc Chronicles of 1110. Perhaps around 1720, the old Renaissance fortress was rebuilt into a Renaissance chateau and later on, it was renovated in English Neo-Gothic style. In the same year, the chateau chapel of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary was built. A wooden belfry stands nearby the chapel.

The polar explorer Dr. V. Vojtěch was born in the gamekeeper’s lodge behind the municipality. A nature trail leads around the surroundings with a monumental summer oak that is more than 400 years old.

Virtual tour

Events calendar

(Česko zpívá koledy)

Masarykovo náměstí (Nový Bydžov)
12/9/2020 18:00 - 19:00

(Kantoři - vánoční koncert)

Jirásek Theatre (Nový Bydžov)
12/13/2020 17:00

(V listí - vernisáž výstavy)

Jirásek Theatre (Nový Bydžov)
12/15/2020 18:15

rop eu